1. To introduce the students to the theories and principals of daylight and artificial lighting.
2. To study its impact on a built space and to design spaces for adequate lighting.
3. Teaching the testing and performance of lighting.
The primary objective is to introduce the basics of Ecological and Environmental systems, its importance and interdependence on each other. The students should be able to understand the importance of environmental systems and its relation with human development. The course gives an overview of environmental sciences and the natural resources available for sustainable human life.
The objective is to introduce the students to various international developments, environmental laws and legislations in India and its current applicability to the society at large.
1. To study the various climate zones at Global and Indian context along with its various climatic parameters.
2. To understand and learn in depth building physics theory and principal’s w.r.t. sun and wind.
3. To study various passive design strategies to be applied at site level, building level and component level.
4. To study thermal comfort principles and its application.
To understand theories, concerns and values in the areas with respect to one of the following as per student’s inclination and to develop awareness towards the same in reference to Environmental Design.
To understand and analyze, climate and its elements at both micro and macro level and design projects of varied scales with passive strategies.